Sunday 26 June 2016

Putative gene

It refers to a nucleotide sequence believed to be a gene because of its open reading frame although its function and the protein it codes for has not been (fully) identified [1]. For example, putative gene 57 is the (temporary) name suggested for the gene coding for a protein produced by Bacteriophage SP01 that infects the bacterium Bacillus subtilis [2]. Another example: PTEN, a putative protein tyrosine phosphatase gene mutated in some cancers [3].
Bibliographic references:
[1] Biology-online.org. (2014). Putative - Biology-Online Dictionary. [online] Available at: http://www.biology-online.org/dictionary/Putative [Accessed 26 Jun. 2016].
[2] Stewart CR, Gaslightwala I, Hinata K, Krolikowski KA, Needleman DS, Peng AS, et al. Genes and regulatory sites of the "host-takeover module" in the terminal redundancy of Bacillus subtilis bacteriophage SPO1. Virology. 1998 Jul 5; 246 (2): 329-40. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1006/viro.1998.9197.
[3] Li JYen CLiaw DPodsypanina KBose SWang SI, et alPTEN, a putative protein tyrosine phosphatase gene mutated in human brain, breast, and prostate cancerScience. 1997 Mar 28;275(5308):1943-7. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1126/science.275.5308.1943.

1 comment:

  1. God bless Dr. USELU for his marvelous work in my life, I was diagnosed of HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS since 2018 and I was taking my medications, I wasn't satisfied i needed to get the HERPES out of my system, I searched about some possible cure for HERPES i saw a comment about Dr. USELU , how he cured HERPES with his herbal medicine, I contacted him and he guided me. I asked for solutions, he started the remedy for my health, he sent me the medicine within 3 days. I took the medicine as prescribed by him and 2 weeks later i was cured from HERPES contact him via email (dr.uselucaregiver@gmail.com) once again thanks to you Dr. USELU cure the flowing virus, contact his email or add him on whatsapp (+2349019328641) cancer cure
    diabetes cure
    ringing ear
    herpes cure
    warts cure
    HPV cure
    HIV cure
    get your ex back
    pregnancy herbal medicine
    Hepatitis    

    ReplyDelete